My Criteria For Developing Recipes
- When developing recipes I go with what tastes best, and not with ‘what will do’.
- If I don’t like it from first to last bite I don’t ‘book’ it.
- Flavor, texture, color/appearance and aroma are the criteria upon which I rate every dish.
- The ingredients can be cheap, expensive or anywhere in between; as long as they contain no animal products, and the entire dish has more nutritional value than not, I’ll use them.
- However, once I combine them in a recipe, if I don’t like the turn out, I don’t think somebody else might.
- When I taste, if I say, “I’d order this out” and/or “I’d serve this to guests”, then I keep it.
- My only demands when you’re trying one of my recipes: If you’re going to alter any recipe by changing ingredients, amounts of ingredients, method, or cooking time: make it taste, texture, look and smell great!
~ Chef Davies-Tight, the Animal-Free Chef